About Me

Marcus and I have been married 12 years. We live in Lake Forest Ca where we just bought our last house and love it! We have three adorable yet active children. Overall we are a typical LDS family.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LIFE

Alright so since this is my journal etc I need to write all the things that are going on right now. I feel like I am going crazy on some days.
Today was especially one I think because I was so tired and had to do cubscouts right after school with Kevin's den. Sometimes those boys are so wild (8 year olds)
Not to mention we had play practice yesterday and the kids there were hyper too. So tonight Laura and had to come up with a new plan for the rehearsals. Marcus and I joke that since Luara and I wrote the play we are only hiring with in since we are directing producing choreographing etc. We are having fun I think part of the problem is that this is our first year and I don't know if they have done a play at Cordillera in a very long time. The kids are cute and call us there drama teacher, Drama Club, Theater Club etc. We love the fact that they are talking about it to there teachers and on the playground.
Then to top it all off we are in charge of the Blue and Gold Dinner for our Pack and are planning a brunch for 300 people. I think it will turn out right sometimes it is just hard when you have to let other people help as well. Needless to say Laura and I have control issues at times and have problems deligating.
Not to be shadowed by the fact that we are incharge of the year end Carnival for the school. I am really not worried about this one yet, but I would like to have all the papers from the past people from previous years and feel like I don't have a great handle on it yet.
Then I thinking that I am super mom or something and volunteer to be incharge of Scarlett's Troop Girls Scout Cookie sales. So far this hasn't been a huge ordeal, but there is a dillema in pick up since it is the same day as our Blue and Gold and both the leaders in her troop are part of our cub scout pack too. So there is that issue. Don't forget if you want any cookies we are here!!
Oh and to make it a perfect week Laura and I (yes we are always together) had a very flakey travel agent and haven't heard from her since before Thanksgiving. We booked our trip to Disneyworld in May back in Sept and still haven't heard anything from her. So we went to our local AAA and switched agents. Guessed who called me today after months of nothing. Yes that is right the flakey travel agent. So needless to say I basically let her know that we were switching and that she had terrible customer service etc. She was really sorry and tried to get us to stay with her and oh boy I was mad. I had just spent an entire day runing errands and dealing with a group of 8 year old boys I was no mood for someone I didn't even know to try to guilt me into something. I had to get her off the phone and move on so I probably wasn't as nice as I should of been, but at this point I was done.
Well if you made it this far Thanks for listening. I feel better now that I have vented to no one in particular.

8 comments:

LeAnn said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all you have to do!

Allison said...

And I thought my week was crazy! Glad you got rid of the agent. People need to be held accountable so they can learn and grow.

Good luck with the Blue and Gold! Joe is our cubmaster but lets the pack leader and den mothers plan the Blue and Gold because they like to go all out with food and decorations. His big thing is the Pinewood derby which is thankfully over!

Jill Duncan said...

I can't believe the AAA agent finally called you back-she's got nerve!!!!

Kathryn said...

WHEW! That wore me out! That's a lot to take on, but you can totally do it. You're such a worker.

In a few years, when the little kid stuff is over & your kids are in high school, you guys will all look back on this and you'll think - "How did I do it?" and the kids will say "You were so awesome, Mom!"

It's hard now, but totally worth it! :)

Oh yea - and the travel agent - some people are just unbelievable.

Jyl said...

sheesh, i have had days and weeks like that too, and i usually want to crawl in a hole.. hope you are doing better now...good luck

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Man... you are a hard working, woman! I wouldn't be able to conquer half of what you do! Props to super woman!

Heidi said...

Yeah we have all had the flu, cold, and everything in between...so crazy, exhausting life, huh!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACEY!